*VIRTUAL EVENT* On Now until November (Various Dates)
You may not think your morning brew and evening tipple have anything in common (aside from the fact that people are fanatical about them!) but Ben Ryder and Raquel Jones of Beechworth have teamed up to show you beauty in symmetry with both coffee and wine…
Ben owns Blynzz Coffee Roasters in Beechworth. He roasts 100 percent Arabica beans sourced from all over the globe, produces around 20 single origins and blends at any given time and even judges coffee shows. Not bad for a guy who didn’t have his first coffee until he was 42!
Raquel is an owner and vigneron at Weathercraft Wines, just 10 minutes from Beechworth. Wine has always been a part of her life, but it’s making it ‘from the ground up’ (starting in the vineyard) that I can’t get enough of – a passion instilled by her father.
Together, they’re going to take you on a virtual journey, learning the intricacies of preparing, tasting and judging coffee and wine. They’ll cover everything from what part of your mouth picks up sweetness vs bitterness to how to use an aroma wheel.
Most importantly, you’ll learn to fully appreciate your favourite beverages!
- Arabica beans – Smooth Criminal 250g
- Coffee sample (ground) 8.5g
- Weathercraft Tempranillo 750ml
- Prep instructions / About us
- Aroma wheel, tasting scorecard (coffee and wine)
- Your pack will be delivered to you once your booking is completed.
What you need to supply:
- Soup spoon
- Coffee cup
- Measuring jug
- Wine glass
- Blank sheet of paper
- Palate neutraliser: water, bread or dry almonds
Virtual classes run every Friday and Sunday, right through to November 2020
- 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Cost – $150 pp (plus Eventbrite booking fees and taxes, appro. $8.25)
With Melbourne still in lockdown, we have decided to postpone wine tastings until October to ensure that the lifting of restrictions for regional Victoria is not temporary. We are hoping to reopen our Cellar Door from the Friday, 9th October, providing restrictions for regional Victoria remain lifted.
From 9th October we will be re-open to the public weekly, on Fridays and Saturdays from 11 am – 4 pm. Free tastings of some wines will be offered on these days and you can simply drive-in.
Note: COVID-19 restrictions on visitor numbers will apply and guests arriving may be required to wait. We ask for your patience as we navigate this new normal. On Public Open days, wine tastings will be restricted to a max. of 3 wines with only 6 visitors, at any time, allowed within the Cellar Door.
Stay safe everyone! We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
This Spring, we will be offering something a little more special for those seeking to escape the crowds on Open Days. Our new intimate wine flight experience package is now bookable online. Our private experiences will be available Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays from October 2020.
Meet the winemaker and enjoy an exclusive, sit-down wine flight.
- A sit-down Wine Flight (including past, limited and current vintages) served in the lovely, light-filled Cellar Door overlooking the main vineyard.
- The Winemaker/Owner will talk you through the wines and the Weathercraft story. Approx. 1 Hour duration
- Plus a complimentary bottle of a current vintage wine (per person) to take home.
- Cost of $180 is per couple (2 ppl).
- Min. of 2 ppl per booking.
- Extra guests will be charged at $90 pp and the cost for extra guests will be payable upon arrival at the Cellar Door.
Please advise the total number attending in the appointment notes section of checkout for catering purposes.
Max. of 6 ppl at any one time, ensuring a comfortable and intimate experience.
- The cost of $180 (for min. 2pp) is required at the time of booking.
- 100% payment is refundable if the booking is canceled with at least 48 hours’ notice.
- Otherwise, 50% payment ($90) will be forfeited if less than 48 hours notice is given.
- If you are a ‘no show’, 100% payment ($180) will be forfeited.
Any questions? Please email [email protected]Read More